The summer of 2016 will be one full of exciting sporting events. Triathlete and coordinator of our sports programme, Herman Aschwer, will give you tips on the best sporting events of 2016. The Anderwald Campsite is a sponsor of the Faaker Lake run and triathlon as well as of the climbing marathon “King of Kanzi”.
1. Summer 2016 Fitness Programme Starting at the end of June and running until late in August we are offering our much loved fitness programme including a runners club, family bike tours and the group island swim.
2. King of Kanzi, Whitsun 2016 This is a humorous 1980s style climbing marathon on the Kanziani mountain, with many workshops, famous climbers, campfires and product presentations. Click here for more information.
3. The Alpine Adriatic Bike Festival This is the third year of the bike festival, which has a “mountain bike giro”, a tour which starts at the Faaker Lake and follows Tour 3 over Slovenia, Italy to Villach. Click here for more information.
4. The Faaker Lake Run - 9 and 10 July 2016(The Anderwald Campsite will once more be sponsoring the Faaker Lake run in 2016)
There are different distances to suit children, teenagers, walkers and runners all the way to a half-marathon. You can register together with us via our association: Camping Anderwald ACTIVE.
5. The Gösselsdorf Lake Triathlon, Saturday 16 July 2016 The distances to be covered here are 500m for swimming, 24km for cycling and 7km for running. These distances are suitable for beginners as well as for ambitious sportspeople. Our training programme takes place in the weeks before the triathlon, for more information see:"My first triathlon".
6. Anderwald Night-run No. 1, 26 July 2016 Our very special Anderwald night-run is suitable for everybody. From bambini to children and teenagers to adult beginners and/or running professionals, we have distances of 250m to 5km. The closing awards ceremony promises to be an unforgettable occasion for all.
7. The Villach Historical Centre Run, 29 July 2016 You will have to complete a stretch of up to 5.6km the evening before the traditional Villach Kirchtag celebrations. There are shorter routes suitable for children and teenagers.
8. Blue Ribbon Swimming in the Faaker Lake, 7 August 2016 Alongside several trophy winners from the Anderwald Campsite, in 2014 and 2015 our Phillip from Dresden caused a veritable sensation and won the blue ribbon as the overall champion of the Faaker Lake race. In 2014 he even managed to beat a world cup winner at swimming. The route: Insel hotel- Faak beachside pool (750m). .
9. The Anderwald Night-run No. 2, 16 August 2016 Our very special Anderwald night-run is suitable for everybody. From bambini to children and teenagers to adult beginners and/or running professionals, we have distances of 250m to 5km. The closing awards ceremony promises to be an unforgettable occasion for all.
10. “Carinthia Runs”, 19 - 21 August 2016 This huge international event and one of the biggest running events in Austria on the Wörther Lake, focuses on the following running lengths: quarter marathon and half-marathon. You can kick-start your training together with Hermann from our campsite.
11. The Faaker Lake Triathlon, 26 and 27 August 2016 (The Anderwald Campsite is sponsoring the triathlon this year for the first time.)
Both the amateur distances (300m for swimming, 10km for cycling and 5km for running) and the Olympic distances of 1.5km for swimming, 38km for cycling and 10km for running are offered here. The necessary training for this can be done on the actual original triathlon course. Also have a look at our special offer.